Baltimore’s AMERICANA Restaurant To Hold Week-Long Event For Veterans
On November 10th, THE AMERICANA, a restaurant and bar located in Canton, will celebrate the 237th Birthday of The United States Marine Corps. This will conclude a full week of festivities starting on Monday, November 5th.
THE AMERICANA is owned and operated by Alex van Breukelen, a United States Marine who is adamant about building a strong Veteran network in and around Baltimore. After 13 years of service in the United States Marine Corps, he decided to open the doors at THE AMERICANA to use as a location to build veteran relationships, to network between veterans and to provide an avenue for all veterans to give back to the surrounding communities.
“Our current generation of veterans leaving the military have a tremendous amount to offer the communities in Baltimore. If we can all work together, there is nothing that we can’t accomplish” Van Breukelen stated in a recent press release.
In the course of the first 15 months of operation, THE AMERICANA became a network of over 500 veterans. Several local veteran led non-profit organizations have joined the network; several jobs have been provided to veterans, and THE AMERICANA has become home for many veterans, Van Breukelen added.
The week-long event is geared towards giving back to veterans and their families.
- On Monday, THE AMERICANA will offer a free lunch buffet to Veterans that have exited service prior to 1980;
- On Tuesday, THE AMERICANA will run two promotions throughout the night in order to raise money for The 6th Branch (a leadership development and community service initiative) and The Catch A Lift fund (an organization designed to help wounded post 9-11 Veterans heal themselves, both physically and mentally).
- Every Wednesday at THE AMERICANA has been dubbed as “Warrior Wednesday”. All Veterans are invited to THE AMERICANA to enjoy a 50% discount on their alcohol tab. Additionally, each veteran that comes to THE AMERICANA receives a “Challenge Coin” for their respective branch of service and records their information in a logbook. If a veteran shows their coin to the bartender, they will get the discount for the night;
- Thursday, THE AMERICANA will host its first official veteran networking event. This is an open invitation event for any Veteran Owned Business, veteran affiliated Non-Profit, veteran Organization or veteran that wants to give back to the community. The veteran networking event will be the first of many and is intended to create a network of veterans that will work together on many social, economic, and veteran related issues in and around the city.
- On Friday night, there will be a party in recognition of the many DoD Civilians supported the troops on the ground. A party will be held. All DoD personnel with an active ID will be given drink discounts throughout the night.
The week long celebration of the U.S. Military Veteran will all culminate with a day long event on Saturday. THE AMERICANA will partner up with the Chesapeake Women’s Rugby Team to host a Bar Crawl, with proceeds going towards the Wounded Warrior Foundation. The event starts and ends at THE AMERICANA. Shortly after the end of the Bar Crawl, THE AMERICANA will host its celebration of the 237th Birthday of The United States Marine Corps.
THE AMERICANA is conveniently located two blocks north of Canton Square at 900 South Kenwood Ave (the corner of Kenwood and Hudson). For more informationclick here. about THE AMERICANA visit . Call (443) 708-8466 or email [email protected]