- This event has passed.
2021 National Service Dogs for Veterans Conference – Rosen Plaza Orlando Florida
July 19 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
One event on July 22, 2021 at 8:00 am
Join The Association of Service Dog Providers for Military Veterans at Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando, Florida for our 2021 Service Dog Conference for service dogs trainers and non-profits. This conference will provide an opportunity for professional development, dialogue with VA leadership and VSOs, best practices sharing, and development.
Association members invite all non-members, collaborative organizations, professional dog trainers, and veteran service professionals looking for a better understanding of the veteran service dog industry. ASDPMV’s National Service Dog Standards which were established in November 2016 and are available for download at http://servicedogs4vets.org/service-dogs-national-standards/.
Focus areas offered at this year’s conference; Dog Training, Veteran Training, Mental Health & Suicide Prevention, and Administrative. Many networking & development opportunities available.
Who should attend?
While our annual conference is open to all who wish to attend, we craft our program to the following audiences:
- Service Dog Providers to Disabled Veterans
- Service Dog Providers Who are Interested in Working with Veterans
- Service Dog Trainers
- Veteran Service Organizations Who Want to Learn More about Service Dogs
- Veteran Service Organizations That Partner with Service Provides
- Businesses and Organizations Who Support Service Dogs for Veterans
- Advocates & Care Providers for Disabled Military Veterans
- Businesses or Organizations Who Need Policy Guidance for Disabled Veterans & Service Dog Handlers
- Foundations & Corporations That Offer Funding to Service Dog Providers
- Dog Breeders That Want to Connect with Service Dog Providers
- Volunteers of VSOs or Individuals Interested in Volunteering to Support Veterans
- Veterans and Family Members Interested in Learning More About Service Dogs
- Any Agency That Wants to Learn About the Benefits of Service Dogs to Disabled Veterans
Speaker Requests: If you are interested in speaking at our conference, we are accepting requests here: http://servicedogs4vets.org/become-a-speaker
For sponsorship information please email [email protected]
2021 National Service Dogs for Veterans Speakers
- Carla D. Bass, Colonel, USAF (Ret)Author
- Paige Meade, CP APMPPWC Adult Detention Center Sexual Assault Group Facilitator
- Amanda BaitySemper K9 Director of Operations
- Christopher BaitySemper K9 Executive Director
- DeeDe BakerDog Tag Buddies Executive Director
- Jeremiah BlockerASDPMV Executive Director
- Matthew DeckerPaws for Purple Hearts Clinical Director
- Nicole LanahanGot Your Six Support Dogs Executive Director
- William McCabeSemper K9 Government Relations Advisor
- Jacob McCreaASDPMV General Counsel
- Mary PeterK9 Partners for Patriots Founder & Head Trainer
- LCDR Danny Benbassat, Ph.D.USUHS School of Medicine U.S. Public Health Service Psychologist
- DRC Dr. Ranon Cortell, PHDDr. Ranon Cortell, PHDWashington VA Medical Center, DC PTSD Outpatient Clinic Director
- Brett SimonASDPMV Membership Director
- Terri TanielianRAND Corporation Senior Behavioral Scientist