- This event has passed.
Bikes for Military Kids | USO Illinois and Rotary Club of Hinsdale
May 15, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am CDT
Register your child(ren) for a chance to win a bike and helmet! Registration does not guarantee selection.
About this Event:
**NOTE** This is a lottery opportunity. Registration does NOT guarantee selection.
As a way to recognize the sacrifices of military youth, USO Illinois and Rotary Club of Hinsdale are providing 100 military youth a new bicycle and safety helmet on Armed Forces Day.
Registration will run April 22 – May 4 at 5:00 p.m. Central
You may only register your child(ren) for the lottery drawing if parent(s) and child(ren) can commit to being present at The Community House of Hinsdale on May 15 from 8-11a.m. Central (See pick up information below). A valid military ID will need to be shown at the time of pick-up in order to obtain the bike.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Karen: [email protected]
- The bicycles are recommended for children ages 3 to 9, and are bike models with coaster (pedal) brakes in the following sizes and colors:
- 12-inch with helmet and training wheels (black, silver, and green) (ages 3-5)
- 12-inch with helmet and training wheels (pink, white, and purple) (ages 3-5)
- 20-inch with helmet (dark blue and black) (ages 5 to 9 )
- 20-inch with helmet (light blue, white, pink) (ages 5-9)
- All randomly selected will be notified via email by Wednesday, May 5th at 5 p.m. CT
- Those not selected will be notified via email by Wednesday, May 5th at 5 p.m. CT
- MUST BE PRESENT ON MAY 15 TO RECEIVE BIKE
- Pick up time by last name
- A-F (8:15 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.)
- G-M (9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.)
- N-S (9:45 a.m. -10:15 a.m.)
- T-Z (10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
- ONE ENTRY PER CHILD (duplicate entries will be deleted)
- If multiple children are in the family, please register each separately
- Must have own transportation, bikes will be assembled
- Youth participants (see age requirement listed above) must be a dependent of currently serving military: Active Duty, National Guard or Reserves
- Officer or Enlisted
- Youth of Retired military, IRR, DOD, and Civilians are not eligible for this USO program
NOTICE FOR ALL USO ILLINOIS VIRTUAL & ON-SITE PROGRAMMING
YOU ARE ENTERING AN AREA WHERE PHOTOGRAPHY, AUDIO AND VIDEO RECORDING MAY OCCUR.
By entering the event premises, you consent to interview(s), photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites or any other purpose by USO and its affiliates and representatives.
You release USO, its Chartered Centers, affiliates and its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved, from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or sound recordings.
By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, web casting, televising or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, web casting or other publication irrespective of whether a fee or admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video or audio recording take by USO or the person or entity designated to do so by USO.
You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability and release before entering the event.