- This event has passed.
Fall ’23 Chicago Vet Center with Alfonso Lopez
November 7 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm CST
An event every month that begins at 10:00 am on day First of the month, repeating until December 5, 2023
Learn from VA experts about various GI Bill Benefits, resources, and processes available to student veterans. Located at SCE, 248 Flex Space
About this event
Regarding Chicago Vet Center Services:
If you are a Veteran or Service Member, including members of the National Guard and reserve, you can access Vet Center Services if you:
• Served on active military duty in any combat theater or area of hostility.
• Experienced military sexual trauma (regardless of gender or service era)
• Provided mortuary services or direct emergent medical care to treat the casualties of war while serving on active military duty.
• Performed as a member of an unmanned aerial vehicle crew that provided direct support to operations in a combat theater or area of hostility.
• Accessed care a Vet Center prior to Jan. 2, 2013, as a Vietnam-Era Veteran.
• Served on active military duty in response to a national emergency or major disaster declared by the president, or under orders of the governor or chief executive of a state in response to a disaster or civil disorder in that state.
• Are a current or former member of the Coast Guard who participated in a drug interdiction operation, regardless of the locations.
Vet Center services are also available to family members when their participation would support the growth and goals of the Veteran or active-duty service member. Vet Center also offers bereavement services to family members of Veterans who were receiving Vet Center Services at the time of the Veteran’s death, and to the families of service members who died while serving on active duty.