- This event has passed.
Government Contracting Basics | SCORE Webinar
March 22 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm CDT
About this Event
Government Contracting Basics
How would you like to have the largest purchaser of goods and services as your customer? In this class, you will learn about Federal contracting, how to become a contractor/supplier, how certifications and contract set-asides can benefit you, the dos and don’ts of the procurement process, and the process prospecting for opportunities. There are many services available to you at no cost to assist you in this process. This class will give insight into the processes and requirements to become a Federal Government Contractor.
1. The Federal Government
a. World’s largest buyer of goods and services
b. Spends billions of dollars a year
c. Paying Customer
2. How to Become a Government Contractor
3. Small Business Certifications and Set-Asides for those businesses
4. Understanding Acquisitions and the Bidding Process
5. Marketing Research & Prospecting
1. What makes a responsible and reliable contractor; the government’s expectations.
2. An understanding of the processes and steps required to become a Federal Government contractor.
3. Knowledge of the bid and proposal process works, the different types of acquisitions, and how certifications qualify you for set aside opportunities.
4. Defining your business and how to find out if the government needs what you are selling.
5. Finding major prime contractors for teaming or subcontracting opportunities.
6. Agencies and partnerships are available to assist you in your contracting pursuits.
Speaker’s Bio: Jaymie Mitchell, Procurement Specialist
Ms. Mitchell is a Procurement Specialist with the Missouri Procurement Technical Assistance Center and has 30+ years of Business Development and Marketing experience and 12 years in Federal Contracting. She has worked in many different industries (Civil Engineering, Construction, Environmental Remediation, Finance, Recreational Ski Areas, Commercial Fishing, Restaurant, Information Technology).
Cost: Special Promotion $25w/ Prepaid Registration. Military Veterans and Students with valid identification are eligible for a discount. To apply for a discount voucher, please email verification (ID) to [email protected]
Note: Once you purchase your ticket, you will receive an email from Zoom with your personal webinar access link. SAVE THIS LINK – you’ll need it to log in to the webinar at the appointed time.
GUARANTEE YOUR SEAT TODAY – REGISTER NOW!