- This event has passed.
National Recruitment Day Informational Event
June 3 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm CDT
An event every month that begins at 9:00 am on day First of the month, repeating until December 2, 2023
Come learn more about the Federal Bureau of Prisons and what we have to offer.
The Federal Bureau of Prisons is a career-oriented agency, offering a broad range of exciting career opportunities in a work environment that promotes integrity, diversity, and professional development. With more than 36,000 highly motivated individuals, we are one of the most unique agencies in the United States Department of Justice where each employee’s day-to-day performance makes a difference in the lives of others.
Some Benefits we offer:
• Federal Law Enforcement Retirement after 20 to 25 years of service
• Matching TSP (similar to 401k)
• Life Insurance (start from day 1)
• Full Health Benefits (start from day 1)
• Annual and Sick Leave (104 hours of each per year, increases over time)
• Job Advancement Opportunities
• 11 Paid Federal Holidays (per year)
• 12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
A few of the Requirements:
• U. S. Citizenship is required
• Maximum entry age of 36 has been established for initial appointment to a position in a Bureau of Prisons institution. If you are above the maximum entry age and have prior federal law enforcement coverage, you MUST submit an SF-50 to verify prior coverage.
• Qualified Preference Eligible Veterans may be exempt from meeting the maximum age of 37.