- This event has passed.
Oakland County Veterans Resource Fair
August 11 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm EDTFree
Available for all veterans, active duty, guard and reserves, and their families. Giveaways include food boxes and community resources.
Representatives will be onsite to serve all veterans, active duty, guard and reserves, and their families with these resources:
- FREE nonperishable food boxes
- Gary Burnstein Community Health Clinic—Scheduling free dental appointments
- Detroit VA Healthcare System—offering registration help and exams for non-enrolled Veterans
- Dorsey College Cosmetology Program—Hairstylists will be on site giving free haircuts to Veterans
- Oakland County Veterans’ Services—providing information and claims assistance regarding veteran benefits and giving away $50 Meijer gift cards—to be eligible you must be a veteran and Oakland County resident, and you must present a copy of your DD214. The MVAA will be attending the May and June Resource Fairs so Veterans will be able to get a print out of their DD214 on site.
- Oakland County Housing & Neighborhood Development—helping residents with housing counseling and more
- Oakland Community Health Network—addressing any behavioral health issues and concerns, including a health screening
- Oakland County Michigan Works!—providing veterans and their families with career planning, training programs, job search resources and the opportunity to meet with an employment specialist
- Service Dogs Onsite
Tyrone Jordan at [email protected] | (248) 285-8016