- This event has passed.
Oct. 12-Nov. 4 (Veteran Career Transition Assistance Program)
October 12, 2020 @ 6:00 pm PDT
VetCTAP program is free of charge, but you must pre-register. There will be pre-work and follow-up assignments to be completed outside the “classroom”.
Let us help you get the career you want…today! Learn how to:
- develop a powerful resume
- effectively network
- interview with confidence
- and more
These interactive and highly-informative virtual classes are scheduled 2 evenings per week (3 hours) for 4 weeks. Plan on attending them all.
Learn from the best! Local Human Resource and business professionals, who understand today’s hiring practices, will share their expertise and experience.
Register today to save your seat! See schedule below.
Questions: Email: [email protected] Call/Text: (858) 831-8667
Class Location: TBD
Class Time: 6 pm to 9 pm, for 8 sessions
Need: If virtual: ZOOM downloaded on a laptop/computer with audio and video capability; internet
Dress: Business casual
VetCTAP #70 (Oct. 12 – Nov. 4, 2020)
- Setting Career Goals: Begin with your destination in mind. Define your skills, interests, and goals.
- Managing the Job Search
- Navigate Job Descriptions
- Community Resources
- Develop a Winning Resume: Identify your marketable military skills, experience, and value. Get the interview!
- Networking Techniques: Face to Face
- VetCTAP Graduate Panel/Networking
- LinkedIn: Today’s Job Search Tool
- LAB: Work on LinkedIn Profile or Resume
- Interviewing Skills
- LAB: Virtual Coaching
- Salary Expectations/Negotiation, Total Rewards
- Panel Discussion/Mock Interviews
- Workshop Debrief – participants will share learning points of course
- Graduation – certificates and gift will be sent via snail mail
Must I attend all nights?
Yes, to qualify to be a “VetCTAP graduate” and receive a virtual coach, you must attend all 8 workshop modules. You may make-up nights in other months, if you miss a session.
Who can attend?
Spouses are encouraged to attend also. We focus on those who have served 10+ years in the military. However, veterans/military of any age, rank, era, or branch of service are welcome. Discharge status is not a factor for attendance.
What is the cost?
It is free. Your investment is your time and effort.
How should I dress?
Where is VetCTAP offered?
This is a virtual workshop series. You will be attending via computer.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email: [email protected] or Call/Text (858) 831-8667