- This event has passed.
Starting and Growing a New Business
July 13 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm EDT
One event on August 17, 2021 at 5:30 pm
About this event
Starting and Growing a New Business is a 6 week program meeting on Tuesday evenings.
Who Should Attend?
- People thinking about starting a new business.
- Business owners who want to grow their business.
- Non Profit organizations that want to grow.
What Is Covered in the Program?
Thinking Like an Entrepreneur
- What is the difference between a business owner and an entrepreneur?
- How do you evaluate an idea to determine if it is worth pursuing?
- Identifying a product that people want
- Selecting your target market
- Promoting your product/service
- Pricing strategies
- Choosing a distribution channel
- Providing leadership – developing a mission, vision, culture
- Hiring and retaining good employees
- Understanding financial statements
- Developing a forecast
- Determining the best legal structure for your company
What Should You Expect to Get out of the Program?
- Coaching from the instructor on developing your business plan.
- Feedback from peers on ideas and approaches you are considering.
- Feedback from lenders who will listen to your plan and offer suggestions.
- Developing a network of peers and coaches to support your efforts going forward.
- Improved skills to manage your business.
- A formal business plan that you can use to manage your business and potentially use to support a funding request.