- This event has passed.
Timed Ticket: Museum Admission
December 9, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 11:50 am EST
One event on January 9, 2022 at 12:00 pm
One event on December 9, 2021 at 1:00 pm
About this event
About this event
Advanced tickets are encouraged and may be reserved up to 24 hours before your visit. If sales have closed for an upcoming time/date, please call our Visitor Services at (518) 463-4478 to see if we are busy, as we are accepting walk-ins at this time as well.
NOTE: Thank you for helping us provide a safe environment at the museum! At this time, all staff and visitors over the age of two are required to wear a mask or face covering while at the museum, even if vaccinated. Free, single-use face masks are available at the Admission Desk if you do not bring one with you. Please visit our website for our most up-to-date information and FAQs about visiting.
- Museum Members: Free Please show membership card or photo ID upon arrival
- Adult: $10
- Senior (62+): $8 Please show photo ID upon arrival
- Student: $8 Please show photo ID upon arrival
- Children (6-12): $6
- Children under 6: Free
One discount per transaction. Select tickets and then add promo code. Please be prepared to show your card at the Admission Desk.
**VETERANS DAY: Veterans and active duty military personnel and their families are eligible for free admission to the museum on Thursday, November 11, 2021. If reserving advance tickets, please use promo code VeteransDay 2021. Thank you!
- AAA/CAA: $2 off | Promo code: AAA/CAA
- Bank of America Museums on Us program: Free admission to museum galleries each first full weekend of the month for Bank of America and Merrill Lynch cardholders | Promo code: BOAMuseumsOnUs
- Veteran: $2 off with ID | Promo code: Veteran
- Healthcare Worker: $2 off with ID | Promo code: Health
- Museums for All: Free admission for SNAP EBT and WIC cardholders (up to four people per card) through the Museums For All program | Promo code: MuseumsforAll
- Blue Star: Free admission to active-duty military personnel and their families, including National Guard and Reserve, through the Blue Star Museums program | Promo code: BlueStar
There is no need to register for advance tickets if you will be using one of the Museum Library Passes available at many regional libraries.
Please note that at this time, refunds (minus the EventBrite service charge) are available up to 48 hours in advance of your scheduled visit. Thank you for understanding.
The Albany Institute will accept walk-in visitors and cash payments, but advance online tickets are strongly encouraged.
NOTE: If sales have closed for an upcoming time/date, please call our Visitor Services at (518) 463-4478 to find out if there is space available during that time slot for you to visit.
We look forward to welcoming you to the museum!
Go to our website for information about our new policies and procedures, as well as a list of FAQs to help you prepare for your visit.
Current exhibitions at the Albany Institute of History & Art include:
- The Wyeths: Three Generations | Works from the Bank of America Collection (through January 2, 2022)
- Fashionable Frocks of the 1920s (through January 2, 2022)
- Romancing the Rails: Train Travel in the 1920s and 1930s (through February 2022)
- The Hudson River School: Landscape Paintings from the Albany Institute (ongoing)
- Ancient Egypt (ongoing)
- Traders & Culture: Albany and the Formation of American Identity (ongoing)