- This event has passed.
Women in Leadership: Transforming Men into Allies
December 19, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CSTFree
Why: In order for a woman to be successful in the organization, it is important to transform men in the organization into Allies. Individualistic approaches to solving gender inequities overlook systemic structural causes and reinforce the perception that these are women’s issues — effectively telling men they don’t need to be involved. Without the avid support of men, often the most powerful stakeholders in most large corporations, significant progress toward ending gender disparities is unlikely. Therefore, it is important that to understand how to include men in the gender inequality discussion and make them advocate and support a female co-worker.
Who should attend?
• Entrepreneurs, small business owners and anyone who is looking to improve their leadership ability and looking to take up leadership position in their organization
• Veterans, minorities, young and old are encouraged to join us for this FREE one-hour workshop.
What: By attending this workshop:
• Learn Leadership qualities
• You will consider your own next step
• You will drive supportive policies in your organization
• Use your powers to empower other women thus enacting diversity and Inclusion
• Learn what postings are required in the workplace
Lead by: Anu Ramakrishnan, Chair-Diversity & Inclusion, SCORE-Decatur Chapter