Miami-Dade COVID-19 Relief Programs for Veterans and Active Military
Veteran/Military Program Information
The Miami-Dade COVID-19 Military and Veterans Housing Assistance Program is designed to help those who are currently serving and or have served in the United States Military and are experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Funded via the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act, or the Cares Act, the program serves active duty, reserve, guard and veterans who reside in Miami-Dade County and is intended to support veterans and active duty military households to remain self-sufficient and support a strong recovery. The Program assists veterans and active duty military service members. It can provide up to three (3) months of past due rent or mortgage payments per household, with a maximum of $5,000 per household. Funds will be paid to the landlord or mortgage lender in the form of a grant by Miami-Dade County. Of the $10 million in program funding, the initial allocation will be $5 million for each of the two forms of assistance, rental and mortgage.
Any Veteran OR Active Duty Military member may be eligible for rental or mortgage assistance under the program, if the following conditions are met:
- Can prove they are a veteran or active duty military service member;
- Have not received aid for the mortgage or rent payments for the same period covered by this program from any other source;
- NOTE: Participation in the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) created by Miami-Dade County does not exclude participation in this program, however it cannot fund the same rental period.
- Can show a loss or reduction of income due to COVID-19;
- Current household income at or below 120% of Area Median Income (AMI) for Miami-Dade County. Current income refers to the household’s income following any job loss or income reduction due to COVID-19;
- Proof of residency within Miami-Dade County;
- Proof of paid in full status of rent or mortgage as of February 2020;
How to Apply
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online at www.miamidadecovidrelief.org to ensure prompt processing of their application and avoid the need to physically drop off the application and documentation. If the applicant is unable to apply online, a paper application is available below. A list of all required documents is provided on the application, and copies of the documents must be submitted with the application. Program staff will review the application materials and contact the applicant with any additional questions.
If your business is (or you know of another business) owned by a veteran (VOB), active duty military, reservist or military spouse of the United States, Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard or National Guard, please be sure to visit the sign up page to get your membership and business’ profile.
The objective of our FREE Veteran Owned Business Directory is to continue to offer a growing list of products and services that are unique in the fact that they are all owned by, sold by and/or serviced by past and present military members!
Be sure to check out our new national and state Veteran Owned Business Certification and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOSB) section or our VOB/SDVOSB Certifications by State.