National Veteran Small Business Conference and Expo | Veteran Owned Business Event Announcement
The Department of Veterans Affairs is excited to host the National Veteran Small Business Conference and Expo!
As the largest nationwide conference of its kind, this event focuses on helping Veteran-owned businesses maximize opportunities in the federal marketplace.
Join nearly 6,000 participants in Detroit for the opportunity to:
- Connect with procurement decision makers from other businesses and federal agencies
- Expand knowledge through over 200 training and business requirement sessions
- Engage with other attendees and gain visibility in the Expo Hall of nearly 500 booths
- Use VetGovPartner to facilitate online and onsite networking including face-to-face sessions with senior procurement decision makers
The Cobo Center in the heart of Detroit will host the National Veteran Small Business Conference and Expo June 26-29, 2012.
Known historically as the world’s capital for the transportation industry, the Detroit metro area, which is home to 700,000 Veterans, is reinventing itself with six booming industries: medical research, defense, entertainment, green tech, urban farming, and aeronautics. Michigan itself has 97,323+ veteran owned businesses, comprising 11.9% of the state’s total number of businesses. (See how many veteran owned businesses are in your state!)
Previous keynote speakers have included:
- Eric K. Shinseki (Secretary, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs)
- Mitchell Landrieu (Mayor of New Orleans)
- Anthony R. Jimenez (Founder, President, and CEO, MicroTech)
- Kathy Albarado (President and CEO, Helios HR)
- Charles M. Baker (President/CEO, MCB Inc.)
- Jane Holl Lute (Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Homeland Security)
- Frank Kendall (Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, U.S. Department of Defense)
Hours: 9 am – 5 pm EST
Email: [email protected]