Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship (VWISE) Program Details
Attn: female veterans, active-duty females transitioning within 24-months, spouses or female partners of a veteran:
Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship (VWISE)
Upcoming VWISE Dates:
Chicago May 3-5, 2013 The Westin Chicago River North
Seattle Aug. 16-18, 2013 The Westin Bellevue Hotel
Denver Nov. 14-16, 2013 The Westin Denver Downtown Hotel
Women Veterans Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship (VWISE) is an entrepreneurial training program for female veterans of all service eras and branches with a passion for and interest in either starting a new small business or growing an existing one.
This unique training program was designed specifically by Syracuse University with the Office of Veterans Business Development, U.S. Small Business Administration, to encourage and support female veterans with an interest in exploring career/opportunities in small business ownership. VWISE is committed to helping female veterans interested in pursuing careers as small business owners and entrepreneurs. This particular entrepreneurship training program helps women veterans by providing them with the tools to become successful entrepreneurs; its goal is to integrate their leadership, integrity, focus, and drive into a premier education training program taught by accomplished entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship educators from across the United States.
VWISE enables female veterans to find their passion and learn business-savvy skills in order to turn their ideas or businesses into growth ventures while recognizing entrepreneurship as an important part of economic growth nationwide. This program helps female veterans to truly pursue their dreams and make them a reality!
VWISE is a three-phase program
- Phase 1: What’s first? A 15-day online, self-study course focuses on the basic skills of entrepreneurship and the language of business.
- Phase 2: Ready, Set, Go! A three-day conference where participants are exposed to accomplished entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship educators from across the United States. This segment includes two training tracks: a growth track, tailored to those participants already in business and a startup track focused on potential future entrepreneurs. Courses include business planning, marketing, accounting/finance, operations/production, human resources and work life balance. (The online course segment is a prerequisite to conference training.).
- Phase 3: Keep Moving …provides ongoing support and mentorship delivered online and through a robust, comprehensive network of mentors and partners.
Admission is on a rolling bases so early application is highly recommended. Participants are responsible for a one-time $75 registration fee and their transportation to and from the on-site conference. All hotel and conference fees are covered through the support of the Small Business Administration.
If you are a female veteran, active-duty female transitioning within 24-months, spouse or female partner of a veteran who is running or growing a small business, of if you are interested in starting a new small business, then VWISE is your answer!
To apply visit Whitman.syr.edu/vwise. VWISE is coming to:
- Chicago May 3-5, 2013 The Westin Chicago River North
- Seattle Aug. 16-18, 2013 The Westin Bellevue Hotel
- Denver Nov. 14-16, 2013 The Westin Denver Downtown Hotel
Interested female veterans, active-duty females transitioning within 24-months, spouses or female partners of veterans who are running or growing a small business should apply immediately!
This Veteran Owned Business Public Service Announcement (PSA) was brought to you by Veteran Owned Business. Veteran Owned Business is in no way affiliated with the above organization(s). We do not in any way endorse the above business/organization or guarantee any offers made above. VeteranOwnedBusiness.com and the Veteran Owned Business Directory are simply providing information we feel is of interest to veterans, active duty military, reservists, service disabled veterans, veteran owned businesses, service disabled veteran owned businesses, families of veterans, families of our armed forces and any other person or persons directly or indirectly involved with the United States military.
If your business is (or you know of another business) owned by a veteran (VOB), active duty military, reservist, service disabled veteran (SDVOSB) or military spouse of the United States, Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard or National Guard, please be sure to visit the VeteranOwnedBusiness.com sign up page to get your free listing.
The objective of our FREE Veteran Owned Business Directory is to continue to offer a growing list of products and services that are unique in the fact that they are all owned by, sold by and/or serviced by past and present military members.