Veterans and transitioning military get a free year of LinkedIn Premium
In collaboration with SheerID, LinkedIn offers eligible members of the U.S. military community one year of access to LinkedIn Premium. You’ll also get unlimited access to more than 10,000 courses through our LinkedIn Learning platform as a part of the program.
The one year free upgrade to premium includes an incredibly valuable resource – a library of over 16,000 business, technical, and creative courses on LinkedIn Learning. This means that courses on software development, graphic design, leadership, data science, photography, and more are all available to eligible Veterans. Almost every professional skill has a course on LinkedIn Learning.
LinkedIn Premium also includes features such as InMail, seeing more profiles when you search, access to premium search filters, ability to view expanded profiles, and more. These are great for finding new career opportunities or developing new business leads.
Specifically for the Veteran community, LinkedIn has created two learning paths.
- Transition from Military to Civilian Employment: This learning path will help you navigate your job search, helping you build your professional identity, prepare for interviews, negotiate salary, and even get promoted once you’ve been hired.
- Transition from Military to Student Life: Covering everything from ACT/SAT/GRE test prep to essay writing, study skills, time management tips, and how to land an internship, this learning path should set you on a course to success – graduation and beyond.
To make the most of LinkedIn, use these resources:
- LinkedIn for Veterans: This course provides a “LinkedIn 101” tutorial for everything from selecting and uploading the right picture to searching and applying for jobs.
- Translating Your Military Skills to Civilian Employment: This course will help you understand the civilian hiring process and empower you to demonstrate your best self to potential employers.
- Finding Your Purpose After Active Duty: This course is all about the intangibles of transition – understanding your value to civilian employers, dealing with the uncertainty of transition, and wrestling with some of the challenges inherent in this process.
Be sure to check out other military/veteran freebies and discounts by checking out Your Military Discounts!
The following Your Military Discounts offer is brought to you by Veteran Owned Business. Veteran Owned Business is in no way affiliated with the above organization(s). We do not in any way endorse the above business/organization or guarantee the above news/press release. The Veteran Owned Business Project is simply providing information we feel is of interest to veterans, active duty military, reservists, service disabled veterans, veteran owned businesses, service disabled veteran owned businesses, families of veterans, families of our armed forces and any other person or persons directly or indirectly involved with the United States military community.
If your business is (or you know of another business) owned by a veteran (VOB), active duty military, reservist or military spouse of the United States, Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard or National Guard, please be sure to visit the sign up page to get your membership and business’ profile.
The objective of our FREE Veteran Owned Business Directory is to continue to offer a growing list of products and services that are unique in the fact that they are all owned by, sold by and/or serviced by past and present military members!
Be sure to check out our new national and state Veteran Owned Business Certification and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOSB) section or our VOB/SDVOSB Certifications by State.