Veterans Memorial Center; Honoring and Perpetuating the Memory of all Veterans
VeteranOwnedBusiness.com is proud to welcome Veterans Memorial Center of San Diego, California (San Diego County CA) to the Veteran Owned Business Directory Nonprofit Section.
Veterans Memorial Center Details: The Veterans Memorial Center, Inc. was formed in March 1989 to create, maintain, and operate an institution to honor and perpetuate the memories of all men and women who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States of America.
The Veterans Museum & Memorial Center
was chartered to serve five categories of function:
- Serve as a host to programs that perpetuate the memories of deceased veterans or members of the United States Armed Forces and to comfort their survivors.
- Serve as a home for programs for charitable, scientific, literary, or educational purposes that promote public awareness concerning the sacrifices and contributions of men and women who serve and have served in the Armed forces.
- Serve as a venue for services and social and recreational activities for veterans, active duty personnel, and the general public, which are compatible with other purposes of the Veterans Museum & Memorial Center.
- Serve as a the regular meeting place for many of the San Diego region’s veterans and active-duty military organizations.
- Serve as a museum presenting permanent, rotating and visiting exhibits of patriotic, military, and war-related memorabilia, artifacts, photographs, and other artwork.
The site chosen for the location of the Veterans Museum & Memorial Center was the former San Diego Naval Hospital Chapel at Inspiration Point in Balboa Park, part of a complex of architecturally significant buildings with rich historical connections to the San Diego region’s naval heritage.
The museum is open Tuesday through Sunday from 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Contact Veterans Museum and Memorial Center today at: (619) 239-2300. Please be sure to mention you proudly found them on Veteran Owned Business!
Are you with a non profit organization? If you are, be sure to get your organization’s free listing in the Veteran Owned Business Directory.