Colorado State Veteran Owned Business Certification
State of Colorado 3% Contracting Goal for SERVICE DISABLED VETERAN OWNED SMALL BUSINESS (SDVOSB)
HOW IT WORKS
To count a SDVOSB towards the state’s 3% goal (as set by §24-103-211 CRS), the SDVOSB must be:
- REGISTERED and verified as a SDVOSB through the US Department of Veterans Affairs (Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization VetBiz, Center for Verification and Evaluation)
- LOCATED in Colorado, meaning incorporated or organized in Colorado, or maintaining an office or place of business in Colorado.
- DIRECT CONTRACT with the State of Colorado; subcontractors do not count towards the 3% state goal.
PREFERENCE IN COMPETITIVE SOLICITATIONS
- When no Price Agreement/Statewide Contract is in place, goods costing over $10,000 and services over $25,000 are published for public solicitation response (see below for more information on solicitation opportunities)
- In effort to reach this goal, State Agencies may give a preference in competitive bids or proposals.
- Solicitations will specify when a preference is being used.
- When submitting a response to a solicitation, proof of SDVOSB status issued from the US Department of Veterans Affairs must be included.
FIND PUBLIC SOLICITATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Most State Agencies are posting solicitations on ColoradoVSS, where you can register for FREE @ www.colorado.gov/vss
- Receive notification of new opportunities by selecting commodity codes.
- Find buyers for specific products or services by searching historical data
For a complete list of where all solicitations are posted, visit the Solicitations page on the Colorado State Purchasing & Contracts Office website www.colorado.gov/spo.
STATE AGENCY PURCHASING INFORMATION
- General Vendor Assistance – ACCESSColorado, State Purchasing Office
- Price Agreements – State Purchasing Office
- Highway Construction – Connect2DOT, Colorado Department of Transportation
- Building Design and Construction – Office of the State Architect
- IT Products (not on Price Agreements) – Governor’s Office of Information Technology
The above state certification information was brought to you by Veteran Owned Business. Veteran Owned Business is in no way affiliated with the above organization(s). We do not in any way endorse the above business/organization or guarantee the above news/press release. The Veteran Owned Business Project is simply providing information we feel is of interest to veterans, active duty military, reservists, service disabled veterans, veteran owned businesses, service disabled veteran owned businesses, families of veterans, families of our armed forces and any other person or persons directly or indirectly involved with the United States military community.
If your business is (or you know of another business) owned by a veteran (VOB), active duty military, reservist or military spouse of the United States, Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard or National Guard, please be sure to visit the sign up page to get your membership and business’ profile.
The objective of our FREE Veteran Owned Business Directory is to continue to offer a growing list of products and services that are unique in the fact that they are all owned by, sold by and/or serviced by past and present military members!
Be sure to check out our new national and state Veteran Owned Business Certification and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOSB) section or VOB/SDVOSB Certifications by State: AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT DC DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NV NH NJ NM NY NC ND OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY
Looking to hire here in the not too distant future? Be sure to add your job(s) at no cost by visiting our new Veterans Hire Veterans Employment Network!