- This event has passed.
PCI (credit card data) Security for Small Businesses
January 12 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am PST
Working with Credit Card Processors for Compliance
The Payment Card Industry (PCI) has created an industry wide digital security standard. All companies, large and small, that deal with customers’ credit card information, must comply to the PCI Digital Security Standard. What can small business owners do to manage the compliance risks, yet to be cost-effective?
Topics to be covered include:
- What is PCI/credit card data security compliance?
- Why do small businesses need to plan for PCI compliance?
- Credit card payment processors, their roles, and PCI compliance for small businesses.
- Business scenarios for the selection method of a credit card payment processor.
- IT audit stages for PCI compliance.
Presented by Henry S Teng.
Mr. Henry S. Teng has worked as an information security specialist and IT security auditor for more than thirty years. In particular he has performed IT security audits for PCI compliance for a number of years. These compliance audits involved companies of various sizes.
Henry is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP, ret.) and a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM, ret.). He is the author and co-author of three U.S. patents and has published six books on technology & education