Veterans’ Employment Toolkit and Resources Provided by The Department of Veterans Affairs
Attention Veteran Business Owners:
Our aim is to help employers, managers and supervisors, human resource professionals, and employee assistance program (EAP) providers relate to and support their employees who are Veterans and members of the Reserve and National Guard.
Veterans are Valuable Assets
- * Strengths and work ethic of Veterans
- * How Veterans benefit your company’s goals and bottom line
Understanding the Military Experience
- * Military structure and culture
- * What deployment is like
Supporting Your Veteran Employees
- * Employees in the Reserve & National Guard
- * Veterans’ transition to civilian work
- * Challenges & how to help
- * Communication tips
- * Help with ADA laws
- * USERRA responsibilities
- * And more
FOR VETERANS WHO ARE SEARCHING FOR EMPLOYMENT RESOURCES:
Resources for Veteran Job Seekers
- * Resources for seeking employment
- * Entrepreneurship assistance
- * General transition assistance
- * Programs for those who are wounded and injured
- * Career advancement advice
The Veterans Employment Toolkit was created by the National Center for PTSD, in conjunction with the VA’s Mental Health Services.
The primary development team consisted of a group of psychologists at the Dissemination and Training Division of the National Center for PTSD. The National Center for PTSD is a VA center of excellence for research and education on the prevention, understanding, and treatment of PTSD. The purpose of the National Center for PTSD is to improve the well-being and understanding of American Veterans who have served our country.
The team included: Sara J. Landes, Ph.D.; Pamela Swales, Ph.D.; Rachel Rodriguez, Ph.D.; Shana Spangler, Psy.D.; Robyn Walser, Ph.D.; Josef Ruzek, Ph.D.
The team worked in conjunction with a number of other individuals and agencies to create a useful resource for employers, managers and supervisors, human resource professionals, EAP providers, and Veterans. The team would like to thank these individuals and agencies, including:
- Human resource recruitment and placement staff, VA Palo Alto Healthcare System
- Members of the US Army Reserve 63rd Regional Support Command, Psychological Health
- College administrators and staff, community colleges in the Palo Alto, CA area
- Veterans, Palo Alto Veterans Mental Health Council
- Former Director, Legal and human resource departments for the city of Peoria, IL
- Director and staff, Web Services, Office of Mental Health Services, VA
- Director of Employee Resource Groups, Sodexo
This is a Veterans Hire Veterans Initiative Employment Public Service Announcement (PSA) was brought to you by Veteran Owned Business. Veteran Owned Business is in no way affiliated with the above organization(s). We do not in any way endorse the above business/organization or guarantee the above offer. VeteranOwnedBusiness.com and the Veteran Owned Business Directory are simply providing information we feel is of interest to veterans, active duty military, reservists, service disabled veterans, veteran owned businesses, service disabled veteran owned businesses, families of veterans, families of our armed forces and any other person or persons directly or indirectly involved with the United States military.
If your business is (or you know of another business) owned by a veteran (VOB), active duty military, reservist, service disabled veteran (SDVOSB) or military spouse of the United States, Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard or National Guard, please be sure to visit the VeteranOwnedBusiness.com sign up page to get your free listing.
The objective of our FREE Veteran Owned Business Directory is to continue to offer a growing list of products and services that are unique in the fact that they are all owned by, sold by and/or serviced by past and present military members.